The World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) was created in 1968 with the support of the United Nations Environmental, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Its objectives, stated in its Constitution, are to work with Members: to encourage the application of engineering and technological advancement to economic and social progress throughout the world; to advance engineering as an equal opportunity profession in the interest of all people; and to foster peace throughout the world.
The U.S. National Member of the World Federation of Engineering Organizations (WFEO) is the American Association of Engineering Societies (AAES). AAES has delegated daily oversight of the AAES participation in WFEO to its Working Group, International Activities Committee (IntAC). IntAC has subsequently created the WFEO Task Group as a subsidiary of IntAC to directly manage WFEO participation. The WFEO Task Group is comprised only of Member Societies of AAES who have chosen to participate.
Member Societies of the IntAC WFEO Task Group:
- American Institute of Mining Engineers — AIME
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers — AIChE
- American Society of Civil Engineers — ASCE
- American Society of Engineering Educators — ASEE
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers — ASME
- American Nuclear Society — ANS
- Institute for Electrical, Electronic Engineers, USA — IEEE USA
- National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveyors — NCEES
- National Society of Professional Engineers — NSPE
- Society of Women Engineers — SWE
AAES Nominee on President Elect Slate for WFEO 2017 Elections
Elections will be held at the WFEO General Assembly meeting in Rome, Italy on December 1-2, 2017.
- Learn about our candidate, Reginald I. Vachon, Ph.D., P.E., Eur. Ing
- View the Report from the WFEO Nominations Committee Chair
Learn More about WFEO
- Visit the WFEO Website
- View WFEO newsletters to be informed about WFEO events
- Read AAES' Representative to the WFEO Women in Engineering Committee, Stacey Delvecchio's, report on the UN Commission on the Status of Women, March 2016
WFEO Governing Documents