The morning of the October Board meeting, AAES conducted an education session on workforce issues, entitled "Who Will Be the Engineers of the Future?" Prominent speakers from various sectors came together to provide a well-rounded portrayal of the issues, including efforts to attract and retain qualified engineers, the need for diversity within the engineering profession, and the importance of lifelong learning in retaining engineers. The speakers (with links to presentations) are noted below.
- Keynote - Jeffrey Wilcox, Lockheed Martin
- Panel Discussion
- Catherine Didion, National Academy of Engineering
- Cathy Leslie, Engineers Without Borders USA, and Dr. Amy Javernick-Will, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Aileen Walter, National Action Council for Minorities in Engineering
- Brian Yoder, American Society for Engineering Education