AAES International Activities Committee — IntAC
World Federation of Engineering Organizations — Read about upcoming events in "The Voice of the Engineering Community"
AAES Charter for the International Activities Committee — AAES IntAC
IntAC shall serve as the principle forum for the timely coordination and development of policies and programs affecting both the professional and technical practice of engineering in the international arena. Such policies may address the career concerns of engineers, the technology for developing nations, and the availability of world-wide technical information and engineering judgment on a wide range of issues. Activities will focus on initiatives associated with these issues as considered by global policy makers, coalitions, appropriate organizations and the world public at large.
Each AAES member society may appoint one representative from its membership and one representative from its staff to serve as members of IntAC, as well as one alternate representative in each category. Representatives of non-AAES member societies may be included in IntAC activities on terms specified by IntAC.
- Identify issues, programs, and policies to be addressed within its purpose.
- Managing programs and activities that support the US engineering community; internationally, including all aspects of participation in international organizations of which AAES is a member;
- In coordination with AAES member societies, secure funds for programs and activities.
- Support IntAC-related initiatives by AAES member societies;
- Form standing committees and ad-hoc task forces within IntAC as appropriate; and
- Inform the AAES Board and Executive Committee of its activities through reports for Board and Executive Committee meetings.
Funding and Expenses
IntAC does not seek or receive any direct funding from AAES. Volunteers and staff of IntAC member societies provide all needed resources: divide up the various duties, including maintaining websites and e-mail distribution lists, paying for refreshment service at the meetings, and preparing and distributing IntAC's agendas and newsletters.
The management team for IntAC is a Chair and Vice Chair elected by those AAES member societies in good standing through their representatives appointed to AAES IntAC.
IntAC appointments to international organizations,positions and statements may be established by majority vote of participating AAES member societies. AAES Board and Executive Committee support for same may be requested.
AAES will devote a portion of its web site to IntAC and its activities, using material provided by the IntAC management team to extend IntAC's information outreach to the engineering community nationally and internationally. AAES will transfer funds to international organizations as arranged by IntAC at no cost to IntAC.